U.S. Offers 4 Million $$$ for Location of Obama Freed Guantanamo Convict

The Sudanese man pleaded guilty at a military commission in exchange for repatriation in 2012 and emerged in Qaeda propaganda in Yemen three years later.

11/19/19
By 

GUANTÁNAMO BAY, Cuba — The United States government on Thursday offered a $4 million reward for information on the whereabouts of a Sudanese man who was convicted of war crimes at Guantánamo, was repatriated in 2012 and is suspected of recruiting for Al Qaeda’s branch in Yemen.

It is believed to be the first case of the United States offering a reward for the whereabouts of a prisoner released from Guantánamo by the Obama administration.

In 2014, the United States similarly offered a reward for a Saudi man who had been held at Guantánamo but never charged and was released by the Bush administration in 2006. He was killed in a drone strike in 2015. The State Department declined on Thursday to say whether any money was paid.

The announcement by the State Department of the new bounty on Thursday offered up to $4 million for information on the location of the Sudanese man, Ibrahim al-Qosi, 59. He pleaded guilty at Guantánamo in 2010 to providing support for terrorism and Al Qaeda in exchange for his repatriation. The reward announcement described Mr. al-Qosi as a member of the leadership team of the Yemen-based Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula.

Mr. al-Qosi, an accountant, kept the books for a business owned by the Qaeda founder Osama bin Laden in Khartoum in the early 1990s before Sudan expelled Bin Laden. Mr. al-Qosi then followed him to Afghanistan in 1996 where, the prisoner said in his guilty plea, he performed menial tasks at a Qaeda compound, including running its kitchen and sometimes serving as a driver.

Mr. al-Qosi also said he fired a mortar for a militia helping the Taliban fight the Northern Alliance but said he was not involved with and did not know in advance about the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. He was captured in Pakistan in 2001 and was among the first detainees brought to Guantánamo, as a suspected Bin Laden bodyguard.

Three years after his repatriation, Mr. al-Qosi began appearing in videos and other publications of Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula and, according to the State Department, “has encouraged lone-wolf attacks against the United States in online propaganda.”

Guantánamo today has 40 prisoners, including nine who have been convicted or face charges in the military commissions. The Bush administration released about 540 of the approximately 780 detainees it brought to Guantánamo starting in January 2002. The Obama administration transferred about 200 more.

A report to Congress by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, which was released in June, said that this year the United States intelligence community had identified 67 living and at-large former Guantánamo prisoners who after being sent elsewhere engaged in terrorist or insurgent activities. Seven of them were released by the Obama administration.

The report said the intelligence community had identified another 78 at-large former Guantanamo prisoners who were suspected of engaging in terrorist or insurgent activities.


Originally Published:
The New York Times
Verified fact checking of contents by C-VINE Investigative Citizen Journalist, Leonard Bacani.

Leonard Bacani is a retired Santa Ana Police Officer and the Founder of HOMELAND SECURITY SERVICES, INC. headquartered in Southern California.HOMELAND SECURITY SERVICES, INC. is a Private InvestigationPrivate Security firm and State Authorized Training Facility. Contact Leonard at LBacani@hssinc.us for assistance or call the office: (714) 865-1135.      Website: http://www.homelandsecurityservices.com

Follow Leonard on Twitter @LeonardBacani1

Click Here for Leonard’s Facebook Page

Breaking News Forums It’s Happening: Deep State and Fake News Media Getting Very Worried – Durham to interview James Clapper and John Brennan

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #58868

      October 19, 2019 So what will the fake news mainstream media do when it is revealed that EVERYTHING they’ve been reporting for three years is complete
      [See the full post at: It’s Happening: Deep State and Fake News Media Getting Very Worried – Durham to interview James Clapper and John Brennan]

    • #60529
      kekru
      Participant

      It’s too bad that AG Barr’s statement will get NO coverage by MSM. Only their lies will be heard by the sheep, and they go blithely on their merry way thinking DJT is a crook …or you fill in the blank, as to their insults towards him.

    • #60530
      kevin
      Participant

      I like the way you think, Leonard. Isn’t it amazing how Q can cut right through the haze of media manipulation and help us think for ourselves? I agree that the plan is progressing in a very precise and well considered approach. Naked truth can be very, very difficulty for most of us humans to confront. It needs some “clothes” on it in order to be socially accepted. We can become more “intimate” with it as we get to know it better.

      This movement is reaching people in massive numbers.

    • #60531
      kevin
      Participant

      kekru, yeah it is horrible how badly the MSM behave. But, perhaps it is better that they keep doing what they do so we can see them for what they are. Sheep have no loyalty. When they get hungry, thirsty or sense that any danger is near, they will gradually wander from their inept shepherds.

    • #60825
      huntervine
      Participant

      Way to go team C-Vie… and Q team and a President Trump… clean that house and put in white hats!!🇺🇸❤️🇺🇸🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🍿🍿🍿

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.