General chatter

Tagged: 

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • Author

Hi all. I wanted to add some files (pdfs), but when I click the “Attachments” tab, then “Add files”, nothing happens. It may be just on my phone, haven’t tested on laptop yet.

Is that the best way to add pdf documents to a post? Unless we have somewhere to upload resources to then link back? Best way to provide pdfs?

Frickle F

Hi there. This is Fauna whose nickname was my Twitter Fredra F (FredraFrickle) but we couldn’t fix the problem so I just created a new email and had to create a new nickname. With my unusual first name, It is best I don’t use on political sights. So now I will be known as Frickle F.

In case you are all wondering, as a kid I was called Freckle Fred. Then when I signed up on two major sights, both times I misspelled Freckles with an “ i “ as those sight s also wouldn’t let me correct. Lol

sovereign
      Participant

Hi Scarlett….hello from Sovereign

Fixing an error

sovereign
      Participant

Jill, believe it or not I am on the Forum and just uploaded a pdf link to an article …I think that’s what you are looking for…I just took the link from the articles url and copy/pasted it to the Forum.

Hi Linda. Don’t know which thread you are on. I came because you requested us to from the messenger thread. ??

Okay I was able to get on the forum under breaking news. I am on the “general chatter” thread. Taking a screen shot. MEET ME HERE!

:D hi Linda

Ok I see you are Epiphany

Is there a chat box somwwhere?

Hello?

Is this our new “ChatterBox” to replace messaging on FB? I need a place to find and reconnect with everybody from “over there”. I’m finding my way around Testing 1-2-3…Hi everyone !

Epiphany wrote:

Okay I was able to get on the forum under breaking news. I am on the “general chatter” thread. Taking a screen shot. MEET ME HERE!

It will take a while to work out how it all works, but this is new for just about everyone. So just take your time, look around, hover over icons to see what they do ie Reply to a post, include the quote in your reply, etc. :D

BoniPrea wrote:

Is this our new “ChatterBox” to replace messaging on FB? I need a place to find and reconnect with everybody from “over there”. I’m finding my way around Testing 1-2-3…Hi everyone !

Gidday from Australia :)

Epiphany wrote:

Hello?

Hellllooooo :)

Yahoo! Great call today. Love listening to the recording. Let everyone know that the recording takes a minute to load but then plays through beautifully. Really learned alot! Great guidance for researching!

I think you use Reply

Agree. Had a nice mix of information

Looks to me like once you post a comment, and someone responds or not responds, you only have the one respond button at the top. question then is how do you

1. Control which post post you want to respond to?

2. How do you create a thread conversation to act like messages.

3. And my ongoing question, how do you like, dislike etc with a button with out having to open the entire subject?

FYI: BoniPrea is me, Bonnie. :) I hated to miss last evening’s conference call!

JUST BRAINSTORMING, as I become acquainted with the new digs:

If we could duplicate FB as much as possible (sorry!), it may help us navigate/communicate more effectively.

1. Reverse the present posting order, so that most recently dated messages are at top, not bottom. (Maybe we have that option already.)

2. Create a subject, using visual meme header, with all related chat below it.

3. (Am I making sense ?!) Am I off base ?

4. Could we have a “Meme Collection Department” with the ability to transfer from our photos to here ? Or is that unprofessional…is there a way to do that already? I love collecting and pulling from memes; they effectively get a message across, quickly.

5. (Just brainstorming.)

6. “The Coffee Shop” = personal gathering place for chatting like PM was. I suppose we could name it “The CoFeFe Shop” ! :D

JUST BRAINSTORMING, as I become acquainted with the new digs:

If we could duplicate FB as much as possible (sorry!), it may help us navigate/communicate more effectively.

1. Reverse the present posting order, so that most recently dated messages are at top, not bottom. (Maybe we have that option already.)

2. Create a subject, using visual meme header, with all related chat below it.

3. (Am I making sense ?!) Am I off base ?

4. Could we have a “Meme Collection Department” with the ability to transfer from our photos to here ? Or is that unprofessional…is there a way to do that already? I love collecting and pulling from memes; they effectively get a message across, quickly.

5. (Just brainstorming.)

6. “The Coffee Shop” = personal gathering place for chatting like PM was. I suppose we could name it “The CoFeFe Shop” ! :D

OMG! I finally made it onto CVINE!!! I am NOT a computer person, so this is a HUGE accomplishment!

That was my earlier post that I made it onto CVINE! I didn’t realize I could put my name on it! Learning curve!!

endangeredsp
      Participant

Hello there!

david
      Participant

WHY IS IT SO DEAD IN HERE ?? WHY NO PEOPLE HERE???

teacher10258
      Participant

I had the same question. Where is everybody? No one cares? I read the court proceeding docs and was hoping others had and would be here to express opinions. Very disappointed. 🙄

spiritwarrior
      Participant

Checking out the form & functions, Carry On.

spiritwarrior
      Participant
      bowoolley
      Spectator

GOOD IDEAS! I am new to C-VINE—so I haven’t figured out how to really use the site-I was hoping that it would have more information/breaking news—I hate what is happening to our country. And I just want it fixed and out of danger. I know it will take time and work—it’s just hard sitting here and watching. I feel so helpless—I want to do something—unfortunately, my age, health and finances put limits on my involvement( getting old sucks!) Maybe there could be a list or something with info about how to help, who to contact, what’s needed etc. THANKS

So we learn today that Obama ordered the fbi to NOT charge hrc with any crimes for her illegal email, and that he ordered the spying on (wire tapping) of Trump, and how corrupt all of his departments were, and now Fb and Instagram are down. Hmmmm. Trying to stop people from sharing/spreading these truths.

savvy
      Spectator

Hello everyone, seems a lot of excitement today. :) I was hoping the social medias were going to stay down. But it was fun while it lasted.

sovereign
      Participant

And you have the knowledge for sure..miracle of miracles I am on and my password did not type backwards..

Not sure I have ever been in a forum before, just testing. Kenny Stine :D

viking
      Spectator

FB still not functional for a lot of us. Don’t know if it is White Hats proving they can shutdown opposition hostile social media or what.

viking
      Spectator

BoniPrea wrote:

“JUST BRAINSTORMING, as I become acquainted with the new digs:

If we could duplicate FB as much as possible (sorry!), it may help us navigate/communicate more effectively. “

Hi, good ideas, but this is more of a message board, old school internet bulletin board.

I don’t think some of your ideas would work, and getting others to do memes etc…. well, difficult.

This is for reading text, ideas, news, etc, and learning and / or responding.

Not a ‘modern social media’ tool. This has its advantages for finding old threads rapidly, searching on people or topics.

Good luck!

VIKING

travail
      Spectator

As a data point, FB shut down my News Feed about an hour ago. Yah, I’d been making a few ‘right leaning’ posts over the past months. Funny, though, two other family members’ FB account are operating normally, even though they go through the same IP here. So, this particular phenomenon seems account targeted and not IP.

billpi
      Participant

Hey there brother Kenny. Just sloshin around and finally was able to get my password sorted out and saw ya name on here. Couldn’t scroll on by without saying hey.

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.